About Me

My photo
I am a woman of many interests, maybe too many! I love to learn about new things and enjoy sharing great finds and interesting information. My goal in life is to make a difference in other peoples' lives. This is my outlet to explore those oh-so-many avenues of interest!

Friday, December 27, 2013

My New Year's Resolutions - More is More

So I'm thinking that if I share my resolutions with the world, perhaps I'll stick to them!

1.  Write More - like for real.  I love writing.  I have a degree in it.  I would love to make a career of it.  I need to do it more.

2.  Pray more.  I want to more than just a "Sunday Catholic."  With a crazy-busy life, it seems like a bit of a pipe dream, but I'm going to make a concerted effort to attend a weekday Mass once in a while.

3.  Cook more.  I have a slight obsession of pinning amazing looking recipes, yet I almost never actually try them.  I WILL make one new fancy-schmancy meal a month.  I'm a pretty decent cook, I have a kitchen nicely stocked with great gadgets and tools - I might as well put on an apron and crack open a recipe book once in a while. Bon appetit!

4.  Exercise more.  In the last four months or so I got LAZY!  Time to get my butt in gear and get back to the gym.  With all my other new plans I need to be realistic, so I'm aiming for one trip to the gym and two home work-outs per week. Better than nothing, eh?

5.  Date more.  My husband, that is.  I think we had two dates last year.  PA-THE-TIC!    I'm aiming for six this year.

6.  Drink more. I need to make more time for my girlfriends too - six girls' nights this year also sounds pretty good.

7.  Organize more.  Accomplish four big organizational projects this year:  the photos and videos that are piled up in boxes and on CDs and hard drives; my endless stash of lose recipes; my "office" space: and my boys' playroom (though I need my husband's help with this one, since it involves installing built-in shelving).

So there it is.  I'm determined to look back a year from now and check all these goals off the list.  What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment