About Me

My photo
I am a woman of many interests, maybe too many! I love to learn about new things and enjoy sharing great finds and interesting information. My goal in life is to make a difference in other peoples' lives. This is my outlet to explore those oh-so-many avenues of interest!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

David Babaii for Wildaid

I recently discovered a haircare line that sounded too good to be true: paraben free, sulfate free, petroleum free, and effective - is that possible? It is if it's David Bababii for Wildaid. A collaboration between celebrity stylist, David Babaii, and actress Kate Hudson, David Babaii for Wildaid is an eco-conscious haircare line that uses natural ingredients like volcanic ash, blue algae extract, and cupuacu butter to create extremely effective products. Additionally, 10% of the profits is donated to Wildaid, a non-profit organization that works with international governments to end illegal wildlife trade.

Instead of using traditional sulfates to provide rich lather, these products rely on coconut oil. While sulfates (i.e, sodium laurel sulfate) are not inherently bad, they can be irritating or drying to skin. The line also uses no petroleum products, which, of course, is very eco-friendly, and no animal byproducts. Both petroleum and animal byproducts are common beauty ingredients.

What first attracted me to the line was that it contains no parabens (see my earlier post on parabens). I was also impressed by the price (about $10 for each product) and each product's fragrance (this is some of the best smelling shampoo I have ever found). I originally purchased the Amplifying Shampoo, Amplifying Conditioner, Bohemian Beach Spray, and the Root Amplifier. I was overwhelmingly impressed with all the products. I was really surprised at how much lather the shampoo provided and how effective the styling products were.

I am extremely satisfied with this haircare line and will continue to use it. Because the products smell so good, I would love it if they expanded the line to include body care (body washes, lotions, etc.). If you decide to check out these products (and I hope you do!) I would love to hear what you think of them.

-NM

No comments:

Post a Comment