About Me

My photo
I am a woman of many interests, maybe too many! I love to learn about new things and enjoy sharing great finds and interesting information. My goal in life is to make a difference in other peoples' lives. This is my outlet to explore those oh-so-many avenues of interest!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Hi all,

I've decided to venture into the world of blogging. I hope to use my blog to educate and entertain. I am the mother of two little boys (age 1 and 2, they are 13 months apart). After having my second baby I returned to my career as a paralegal on a part-time basis, but on my "days off" I wanted to find something constructive to do during nap time. I've always had a love for writing (I got my degree in creative writing) but have been waiting for my inspiration to start putting words to paper (or screen). In addition to writing, I also enjoy shopping, specifically for new and exciting products. I take great joy in discovering a new product and sharing my find with my friends and family.

With my recent adventures in mommyhood, I have uncovered some great (and not-so-great) baby products. I thought I would write a book on baby products, but I realized that (a) there are a ton of baby product guides already in print, and (b) by the time I would be able to finish an entire book on baby products, some of the products may no longer be available or there would be some better alternatives.

Then there is my obsession with beauty products. I have my mother to thank for this. As an cosmetologist, I can remember from a very early age her showing me how to properly apply make-up, how to find the perfect fragrance, and how to get great lift and volume in my hair. I could spend hours at Ulta or Sephora checking out various beauty products. I love reading about the newest beauty breakthroughs in magazines. But best of all, I love to try new products.

Lastly, I am a very health and eco-conscious person. I am dedicated to finding the very best foods and products for my family while being mindful of my impact on the environment. I am a firm believer in getting back to basics, especially when it comes to what we put in and on our bodies. We eat more organic than not in my home. Recently I have taken this belief to the beauty world. As I become more educated about various ingredients used in today's beauty products, I've learned that there are some ingredients that are best avoided.

So, I plan to share with you the various information, ideas and products I have discovered in my daily life to help you lead a simpler, healthier and happy life.

-NM

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an awesome idea. I mostly get my information from my big sister but I forget her wisdom from time to time it will be great to have it in print. Do you know anything abour mineral powder make-up. I thought it was supposed to be better for your skin but I always break out. I still love the way it looks. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete